For us to be able to help you with technical issues and solve your problems faster, it is important that we get the information we need to understand and solve your problem.
Please upload your log.txt file to pastebin.org in the installation folder of We Shall Wake together with a description of the problem. If you can't find that file, you can upload the launcher's log.txt, which is in the /launcher/ folder.
This file contains any errors or problems encountered during the last run of the game/launcher which will help us track down the problem. Any additional information, like what you were doing, how often the problem occurs and step to reproduce it are highly appreciated and will allow us to prioritize and fix the bug faster.
I just tried Demo 7 on OS X 10.11.4 with Java 8u72. I downloaded the Linux ZIP and launched from the command line with the JRE from my JDK. I played around a bit and eventually, while fighting, it locked up. I was hitting all sorts of keys hoping here was a keyboard equivalent to the M-Mouse button it wanted me to press. I didn't have a mouse hooked up so it was awkward trying to use a trackpad. Here's the tail of the console output:
Post processing pipeline: [ez@4c1909a3, el@428640fa, ep@d9345cd, dZ@2d710f1a, eD@29215f06, eF@59505b48] Sample 0: -0.25, -0.75 Sample 1: 0.75, -0.25 Sample 2: -0.75, 0.25 Sample 3: 0.25, 0.75 SRAA sample 1: 0: -0.25, -0.75 SRAA sample 2: 3: 0.25, 0.75 Center sample: 0: -0.25, -0.75 Bloom possible mipmap levels: 10 Got a new ByteBuffer! 1000 Got a new ByteBuffer! 2000 Got a new ByteBuffer! 3000 Got a new ByteBuffer! 4000 Got a new ByteBuffer! 5000 Got a new ByteBuffer! 6000 java.lang.NullPointerException at aG.g(Unknown Source) at game.gui.HUD.a(Unknown Source) at mJ.a(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.b(Unknown Source) at hb.a(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.j(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.main(Unknown Source) Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error ending frame. Not all tasks finished. at eH.c(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.b(Unknown Source) at hb.a(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.j(Unknown Source) at game.core.Core.main(Unknown Source) AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
btw, since it is clear that the game runs on OS X, you can likely make an App Bundle very easily, even with out access to a Max. At the very least make a launch script for those that have Java installed. I didn't have to change anything other than launch with a OS X JRE.